Every one who visits the Sanctuary always comments on how pure our water tastes. We filter our water using Doulton ceramic filters, which are held to the highest standards of water filtration. Because all of our water is from rain catchment, it’s important for the Sanctuary to maintain a commitment to a higher standard of drinking water.
The demand for in-home water filtration has risen higher than ever with the increase of treatments and chemicals in city water. 41% of children exhibit signs of fluorosis according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control).
Doulton has been making ceramic filters for over 175 years. They are renowned for their strict quality control,
- Manafactured in UK to ISO-9001 standards, the highest certification available.
- Certified by the European WRAS (Water Regulations Advisory sScheme), which has higher standards than the United States.
- NGOs around the globe, like Unicef and Red Cross, trust Doulton filters.
- Doulton supports organizations like AQUA-AID and Lifewater, so your money goes towards someone in need. 1.7 billion children in the world do not have access to clean drinking water.
- Silver is embedded into the ceramic, which guarantees silver will not come out in your final product unlike impregnated silver filters. The silver causes the filter to be self-sterilizing and bacteriostatic, which means bacteria cannot grow on the filter.
- Ion exchange resin designed for reduction of lead. NSF Standard #42 and #53 certified for reduction of lead.
Ceramic water filters are a flexible solution to drinking water issues. They are simple to use and environmentally friendly, manufactured from exclusively natural materials, and the filters are washable which gives them a longer lifespan.
If you are interested in the cleanest filtration system available for your home and family, please see our available Doulton water filters.